Thursday, July 28, 2011

b4-monoblack



4 Doom Blade
1 Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief
4 Gatekeeper of Malakir
4 Grasp of Darkness
1 Mind Sludge
4 Nantuko Shade
4 Phyrexian Rager
4 Skinrender
4 Steel Hellkite
24 Swamp
2 Trusty Machete
4 Vampire Nighthawk

My first post! This was mainly a test for a script I wrote to convert my Magic Online deck exports to html decklists with links to Gatherer. Works well enough.

This deck is "b4" because it's black (the b) and 4 is the speed. I use a labeling system (sometimes) where the speed of a deck goes from 1 (very fast) to 5 (very slow). This one, however, isn't really all that slow. It could probably be 3 too. But the idea behind this one is cram a bunch of card advantage and removal into the deck and win with either the shade, the hellkite, Drana, or maybe a nighthawk with a machete.

I should mention the format. This is a standard deck, but I play in the casual room. I try to win, but I like to build my own decks and I have a limited budget. So casual standard works out. I also like to build a variety of decks as you may see.

No comments:

Post a Comment